Thursday, June 15, 2017

THE EAVESDROPPER: a change of plans

Well, I have good news and bad news, depending on how you enjoy consuming your stories. 

The production schedule for the Kindle/print versions of THE EAVESDROPPER has outpaced the readings of the videos on my YouTube channel. The Kindle version should be available next week, and the paperback version will be available a week or two after that. 


I'll be honest with you all here: I love YouTubing and making videos. If it were up to me, I would delay the production of every book and short story in order to fully serialize it on YouTube first. Because that's something I really enjoy. 


But at the end of the day, my priority is giving stories to readers, when they want them and in the formats they want them. 


Recently readers have told me that while they enjoy listening to my YouTube videos in order to "sample" a story, they prefer to go to the print or Kindle version when it comes time to really jump into it. 


This makes sense to me.  I enjoy watching videos on YouTube, but I recognize that a 50- to 100-video playlist may not be the most convenient way to read/listen to a novel. 


For those of you who have been watching all the videos--don't worry! I will continue to read chapters of my books (and entire short stories) on YouTube. But I may shift my scheduling priorities a bit as I move forward. Readers have told me that they want Kindle/print versions first, so Kindle and print versions will be my priorities.